Search This Blog

Monday, December 9, 2013

Whiskey Spiked Banana Bread


What to do with super ripe bananas? Well obviously banana bread.
Tastes better every day. And it makes amazing French toast.

I tried to find a good recipe where I can use what I had on hand. I usually do something with sour cream, to make that lovely creamy, tenderness. To my surprise, I found this recipe just as good, if not better. And I didnt have to go to the store!

This one is based off of Jacked-up Banana Bread from Smitten Kitchen but I used whiskey instead of rum.

Whiskey Spiked Banana Bread

Ingredients:
3 ripe bananas
1/3 cup salted, sweetcream butter, room temperature (or microwave 10 seconds)
3/4 cupbrown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon mexican vanilla
1 tablespoon (ish) Jameson Whiskey
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/2 cups flour

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.
In a stand mixer (or in a bowl), quickly beat together banana and butter until mixed but chunky.
Add in remaining ingredients, except flour, mix.
Fold in flour.
Batter should have chunks of banana and butter and other ooey goodness.
Pour batter into prepared pan (I line mine with parchment for easy removal), bake for 1 hour or until knife or toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Tips:
Add in toasted walnuts and/or chocolate chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment