Search This Blog

Friday, March 21, 2014

Bacon and Egg Thingies

Thanks to my facebook friends who posted this article, my fiance and I had a lovely brunch today.
You may have seen these Bacon and Egg Cups on pinterest or elsewise on the internet. If you havn't made them yet, here they are, super simple.
Note: I've seen these without the bread, but I prefer with the bread. It soaks up the juice from the bacon and the egg and keeps everything together in one piece. 



Step 1: Bread Disks
I cut these out using a baby food jar. I got two circles out of each slice of bread, then mushed up the scraps to cut with my jar too. It doesn't really matter what  it looks like, the bread is there for stability, so you can just you can just mush up pieces of bread to fit.
For 10 cups, I only used 2 slices of bread.






Step 2: Bacon
Wind bacon around the bread, along the wall of the cup. 1 slice of bacon per cup.
















Step 3: Egg and Season
Crack an egg in the middle of each bacon-cup, sprinkle on a dash of seasoning. I like to use Goya All Purpose seasoning. Garlic salt is great or just salt and pepper, whatever you like.






Step 4: Bake and Eat
Bake at 400 degrees (F) for about 20 minutes. 


 Variations:

  • Add in veggies before you crack in the egg.
  • Fry the bacon about 1/2 way before putting in the cups, for crispier bacon.


No comments:

Post a Comment