Search This Blog

Friday, February 14, 2014

Enchilada Lasagna (or Lazy Man's Enchiladas)

I love making this, its so easy and quick. 
I use a square brownie pan. This serves four nicely, with sides, or two fat-kids (me and my hubs). You could easily double this recipe and use a 3-4 qt baking dish.

4 large flour tortillas, cut into quarters (or 6 small corn tortillas, cut in halves) 
2 cups (ish) leftover meat and veggies, chopped
I had leftover pork cooked with chiles and corn
1 large can Enchilada Sauce
Shredded 'Mexican' mixed cheese



Lay tortillas in the bottom of the pan, with points in the corners and rounded edges towards the center 



Sprinkle cheese over top to cover tortillas.




Layer on the chopped meat and veggies over the cheese.




Pour on Enchilada sauce to cover (this will be about 1/3 of the can)




Repeat layering until you've used up all the ingredients or filled the pan. 







Bake at 350 for about 45 min. I like to give the cheese a nice crust so I'll turn the broiler on for a few minutes or turn the heat up to 450 for the last stretch.


No comments:

Post a Comment